Thursday, July 5, 2007

Beauty @ the Leeper Flea Market






one of my favorite, favorite things to do at deer meadow campground is head on over to the leeper flea market on a Saturday morning. Many a thing in my home has been purchased there including my red porch chairs (which are now on the deck of my sweet friend Andrea Sullivan's in Nashville-at least they'd better be) (similar to the rusty metal chair Tuck had in their livingroom) I only brought 12 dollars with me-no atm or gas in this one horse town to my dismay, with a gas tank on E and much purchasing to do.
and yet, I walked away with 8 purchases, two pieces of fudge and a full meal for honor and I, and change. plate-o-fries, hot dog and iced tea if your wondering. fudge was of course....peanut butter. and Cookie was not skinny. and Honor and I did make it home-on fumes,windows down-air off.
in the same light-please be looking for A Week of The King in august at this very blog site. Elvis that is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

See, this is the secret that is Western Pennsylvania. Where a flea market is still a flea market. But Cook Forest?!?! Ah, I remember well the summer days tubing down that river with my western pa high school friends ("Yins wanta to go spottin' tonight?") I knew there was a reason I liked you, AMC.

kari jo cates said...

"delishious", indeed.
:) kj

Dana said...

Please tell me you bought me that NASCAR lamp as an early birthday present...